Hardware Boot Error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by superstar, Aug 8, 2006.

1. superstar

superstar Major-Superstar

Hello there,

I just bought a FC-PGA to FC-PGA2 adapter for my socket 370 motherboard in my "HP Vectra VL400" pc. I bought it in order to use a Tualatin 1.4Ghz processor on my pc. Without it my motherboard would only go up to 1ghz, and would'nt support the 1.4ghz Pentium 3 Tualatin processor. Anywys I installed it and all is well. Except for when I boot my pc. You see when I turn my pc on I get the following message:

[​IMG]

Now I always press F1 because I don't want to ruin anything, and than windows XP boots normally (by the way xp and my bios see the cpu as a 1.4ghz even though as I said before without the adapter my pc would have only gone up to 1ghz). But I am bit sure that if I press F4 instead of F1 at boot, this message will disappear when I boot. Itt shows up every time I boot the pc, so I always get that message! Like I said I always press F1 in fear of making changes, and xp boots fine. I still think F4 will take this message away everytime I turn on my pc.

I remember times when I added new ram, took out hard drives, or added them, my pc would give off a message like that at boot. Well I remember pressing F4 and it used to go away for good. Supposedly my bios has no microcode for the cpu I just bought that I placed on the adapter. There is no bios from HP (my pc), that supports tualatins so upgrading my bios is'nt an option, as it would'nt help at all. I don't want to press F4 and ruin anything. But I am sure that will take it away. For now until I get a response I will continue to press F1 everytime I turn on my pc and see this message.

Please read the pic carefully and see what else it says. I previously had an 800mhz cpu in this pc.

UPDATE:

I pressed F4 and now the cache error message on that same pic does'nt show up but the other message about the microcode does. Is it bad that the cache error message does'nt come up?

Thank You

2. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

I dont think you will ever get rid of that warning, you know your bios dosent support that cpu, so if it even works i would be happy. ed

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds