hardware but not all computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by littlebobbie, Jan 6, 2013.

1. littlebobbie

littlebobbie Private First Class

:confused
    I was wanting to set up a DVD/VHS player in another room for my grandkids. I want to attach it to an OLD CRT monitor that is still good and has a great picture. I have several of these and hate to see them just sit there. So what I am asking EXACTLY WHAT cables do I need and are there pictures that show them? There is a place for the digital cable on the player and for RCA jacks... I have a VGA converter that I currently use on one flat screen for general use (we don't have TV here) but the problem I have with that is that it has a sound issue. If I use my parental guardian with it, I get horrible noise in the sound, switching to another connection (there are plugs for up to 3 devices on this box) I get great sound but of course no picture. There is only ONE place to plug in the speakers on this so it would not be that. Any suggestions or experience with all this? I want to use these old monitors that are still good and not trash them till they are truely trash. I also want to use my guardian on the other set up....the young kids do not mind the loss in picture quality, they just want their cartoons.

thanks peoples...

2. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

Unless the monitor has an RCA (yellow/red/white) video input on it, it will not work with a VHS unit.

If you want something inexpensive, go to Goodwill and look for an old CRT-style TV set (likely about $25 or less for a 19") or ask around to friends and co-workers - they may have one sitting in a spare room or garage they'll let you have just for hauling it off.

3. littlebobbie

littlebobbie Private First Class

I will have to check around...thank you

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds