HardwarE Compatable? PC wont boot?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dynex, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Dynex

Dynex Private E-2

Hey

I took out my OLD A8N SLI 32 DELUXE, and ATHLON FX-60 Processor
    Took out my DDR2 RAM and using

Replaced with MSI 790 FXGD-70 Motherboard
    and Phenom x4 965 Processor
    Corsair Dominator 2x2 gig sticks, (total 4 gigs) 1600, 9-9-9-24

I have a pair of 7950 GT Nvidea Graphic Cards in there
    Sound Blaster Sound Card
    A 10,000 RPM 150 gig Western Digital Raptor from 2006 Uses Sata
    PSU 650 Watts

For some reason PC makes it to Windows Splash screen then, blue screen stop error message.

STOP 0X000,0007B (0XB84CF524,0XC000,0034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

Also had the message at start up, DQS Training Failed, reverted to slower Dram Speed. And I think its running at 1333 now.

Any ideas I am pretty sure the hard drive works still. It was working before I replaced the motherboard and processor. I didn't even touch it. So no clue why it would be broken.

2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

STOP 0x7b = inaccessible boot device, Usual causes: Hard drive, File system, Boot sequence errors, Device driver, Virus infection (in particular check the MBR)

3. Dynex

Dynex Private E-2

Yeah the new Motherboard is not picking up the hard drive on sata. When I go into Bios, Master IDE is nothing, Slave IDE is the cd rom drive. Sata 1 is empty, which is where I plugged the hard drive in, and Sata 2 has the dvd. Sata 7 has my external hard drive which has files on it. So the Bios wont recognize the hard drive. Then again if I remove the sata connector for my hard drive, windows splash screen disappears and the computer has nothing to do. So when its plugged in, it goes to windows splash screen etc.

4. scajjr

scajjr Sergeant

Which version of Windows? If 7, boot from DVD and run repair.

Sam

5. Dynex

Dynex Private E-2

It's windows xp SP3

I did chkdsk it said it found errors. But I don't see how, it was working fine before I replaced the mobo and cpu =/ and I never touched the HD

Are these errors it finds on the OS itself? or the actual hard drive is broken??

6. Dynex

Dynex Private E-2

I'm just wondering if the 7950's are compatible with MSI 790fx gd70 Motherboard... and I am also curious why 1600mhz ddr3 ram is running at 1300? Why did the system say DQS training failed, reverted to slower DRAM speed? How do I make it run at 1600?

Is my 650 Watt power supply enough for this PC?

Is there anything I can do besides CHKDSK? Without formatting and losing all my files?

7. Dynex

Dynex Private E-2

I did fix MBR, it said something about the MBR not being the master. But FIX MBR and Fix boot did not fix my problem..

8. Dynex

Dynex Private E-2

Trying to Reinstall windows with a Repair.. So only the system files. So I can keep the data.. No format.

Got a fatal error during install

SXS.DLL Syntax error in manifest or policy file
    "D:\i386\asms\52\msft\windows\net\dxmrpt\dxmrtp.man" on line 5.

Is it possible to install windows 7 over XP but do OS upgrade only and not lose the data or format? Anyone??????

Not sure what to do about the fatal error, either find a NEW XP CD, or turn off everything in the Bios? Remove all none essential hard ware?

9. scajjr

scajjr Sergeant

No you can't "upgrade" to 7 from XP.
    A couple things you can try- try with only 1 of the video cards installed. Some multi-PCIe slot AMD chipset boards only work in Crossfire (multiple ATI/AMD chip video cards) and not SLI (multiple nVidia chipset video cards) but a single card should work. Also try manually setting the memory speed to 1333. Sometimes the 1600 can cause issues. But try the single video card first.

Sam

10. Dynex

Dynex Private E-2

Hmm well sorry to waste your time =/ thanks for all the help from everyone so
    far. XP finally repair installed when I used a different CD. So now the computer
    boots and goes into XP, and everything is fixed. I just need to reinstall drivers.
    All problems seem to be gone.

I have a new computer, WHICH was running 8 gigs at 1600. I took 4 gigs out
    and put it in the computer im having problems with, because I needed DDR3
    ram for the new motherboard and processor.

Yet the 1600 ddr3 ram which runs at 1600 in my NEW pc, is still running at
    1333 in my upgraded PC. Why? Can anyone help me make the ram run at
    1600 like it's supposed to?

It was never overclocked, and shouldn't be, 1600 is the default factory setting speed..
    Its running at a lower speed in the upgraded PC for some reason =/

The only real difference between my NEW pc and Upgraded pc is the NEW pc has the latest graphic card and win7
    The upgraded one is on XP still, and using 2 old 7950's

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds