Hardware Diagnostic Tool Data CD Test?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by michlconk, Apr 28, 2013.

1. michlconk

michlconk Private E-2

HP Pavilion Elite HPE-112y PC.
    Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium.

:confused When I bought my PC, it didn't come with anything and I was never told I would need anything, so when I use the Hardware diagnostic tool to check the health of my computer and it reaches the Blu-ray drive test and the CD/DVD drive test it keeps asking for a Data CD. What Data CD am I suppose to use for each drive and where do I get it? Please Help.

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

You would use a blank CDRW and a blank Blu-ray RW. The test checks the read/write speeds of the drives.

3. michlconk

michlconk Private E-2

Thank You. I'll give it a try, the next time I can get to the store to buy them. :)

4. michlconk

michlconk Private E-2

:confused I tried to find these discs on Amazon. I found CD-RW but all I can find for Blu-ray is BD-R, BD-R DL, BD-RE, or BD-RE DL. Do I just want the BD-R or the BD-RE?

5. mdonah

Go for the BD RE. It's rewritable.

6. michlconk

michlconk Private E-2

Thank You. I'll give it a try. :)

7. michlconk

michlconk Private E-2

:( OK, I got the CDs that you mentioned. Redid the system test. But it's still not working.

--------

Device: hp BD O DH4O3S SCSI CdRom Device
    Test Name: CD Random Seek Test

Please insert Data CD - I inserted the blank BD-RE
    But it still says: The media you inserted is not a Data CD. Please insert Data CD.
    --------
    Device: hp DVD A DH16AAL SCSI CdRom Device
    Test Name: CD Random Seek Test

Please insert Data CD - I inserted the blank CD-RW
    But it still says: The media you inserted is not a Data CD. Please insert Data CD.

--------

Why is it still not working? :confused

8. mdonah

I'm at a loss as to why the tests aren't working.

As an alternate suggestion, try to obtain disks with information already recorded on them and see if they'll open or play in the drives. If they do, you won't need to run the diagnostic.

You didn't waste money on what you bought though. You'll have them for when you want to record something.

9. michlconk

michlconk Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds