Hardware Installation Error Message

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jamesfg, Feb 1, 2010.

1. jamesfg

jamesfg Private E-2

Hi,

After installing a Logitech cordless mouse and keyboard (Wave), I started getting two error messages, one pertaining to the keyboard and one pertaining to the mouse. Below is the message:

Cannot install this Hardware. There was a problem installing this hardware: HID Non-User input Data Filter (KB 911895). An error occurred during the installation of the device. Fatal error during installation.

I removed the Logitech software, the mouse, and the keyboard. I still got the error message. How do I determine what hardware is being referred to?

Thank you.

2. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

sounds like software problem. Should go in the software category

3. jamesfg

jamesfg Private E-2

Thanks for the quick response. I removed and then re-installed the Logitech software, but the problem persisted. I will, though, post in the software section.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Researching the KB error you get, has to do with a windows update that is needed.
    On your computer (if you are running XP) Go to C:\Windows\system32\drivers and delete wdf01000.sys
    Then, go to windows update, and select Custom. Then select hardware
    updates, and HID non-user Input data filter should be there. Now select
    download and install, and it should enter the correct information and
    fix your HID non-user Input Data Filter Error / fatal error / failed to
    install problem.

If you are not running XP, please post what OS you are running.

5. jamesfg

jamesfg Private E-2

Thanks, Plodr. Your solution worked. After following your instructions, I turned my computer off and then rebooted. The Hardware Wizard messages that I had been getting did not appear. :)

6. jamesfg

jamesfg Private E-2

pclover, I just wanted you to know that the problem was triggered by a Windows update. See plodr's post, which offered the correct solution. Thanks again for your response and help.

7. jmf126

jmf126 Private E-2

Thank you, plodr, for posting this solution. I had the same problem and after deleting the .sys file my keyboard works again!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds