Hardware not bound to transport driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by cowfish64, Apr 19, 2013.

1. cowfish64

cowfish64 Private E-2

Computer: Dell Inspiron N411Z

Wireless Card: Intel Centrino 1030N
    Driver Version 15.4.1.1

The system says that it is enabled and functioning properly...
    No connection available
    wireless light is on.

When Intel/Proset diagnostics run...

Test 1 hardware Fail Hardware not bound to transport driver...

Can anyone help ne with this?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

have you run any anti malware scans recently and if not then I would do so and this guide is good HERE just wish to make sure this is not malware related.

**DONT attach any logs in this thread but just see if malware is found, IF it is then start a new thread in the malware area of this forum and attach the logs to that thread**

Did this issue just happen all of a sudden or has it been going on for a while, if you can remember what you may have installed or updated or changed just before this issue happened that would be great?

Have you run any driver updater applications at all and if so what are their names?

But a quick thought and thing to try is to re-install the Chipset and the WiFi driver and follow the below to do this.

Install the Chipset Driver from HERE and reboot (crucial to reboot)
    Then install the Wifi driver HERE and reboot and test,

If you could also post your Service Tag code number we can check if your hardware matches the drivers you need.

3. cowfish64

cowfish64 Private E-2

I did scan for malware...got rid of the malware...

this issue was going before the malware..

I updated the driver from the dell website, and nothing..

what I did do was a full backup of all my files and folders and then did a OS reset, and the wireless came back with no problems and then restored using the backup...

have had no problems since..dell says it was issue with MacAfee and or firewall issue.

thank you for replying...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds