Hardware related Bluescreen, getting out of hand.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Heavenly, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Heavenly

Heavenly Private E-2

Hello everyone.

So a month before christmas I built myself a new PC> Listed below are the specs:

-ASRock 990FX Motherboard
    -AMD FX 8120 octa Core 3.1Ghz Processor
    -8Gb's DDR3 1600Mhz ram.
    -ASUS nVida GeForce 650 GTX

Ok so thats more or less the build in a nutshell. Ive hit a rather big bump in the road im afraid.

First off my Graphics card started failing me. Im no novice in front of a computer dont get me wrong. Im here to figure out which of 2 things could be causing a blue screen though Im half certain as is.

So yes my Card gave me big big trouble. I have 3 slots PCI-Express slots for GPU's so I tried it in all of them. I also gave a look in 'device manager' and low and behold there was the flag. So I uninstalled the drivers I got with the disk, then downloaded the most recent drivers from the site.

Again to no avail. So i came to the conclusion that the card was indeed faulty. So I had to switch back to me old 9600GT which I can tell you is very very old now.

So again I thought the blue screens would stop but sadly no.

When I was building the PC I was extra extra careful putting in the CPU. I mean really. A long story short A pin got bent, not broken in anyway, no cracks or breakages along anyside of the pin. So I carefully straightened it back to its original position.

So im left with two possibilites for the cause of the blue screen.

1- The PIN I bent is causing it

2- The Motherboard is faulty, which may account for the GPU too.

So again any and all help is really appreciated here.

Below is the error pop up information.

2. Tueur

Tueur Sergeant Major

Hi heavenly,

Please attach the minidump files located in C:\windows\minidump

I can debug these files which will help identify the problem.

Please be patient as it can take a while for people to reply, particularly at this festive time of year.

Rich

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

further to Tueur's post you are bets to zip up the logs and attach as per this guide HERE

Do you still have your old graphics card plugged in? if so uninstall all the NVidia drivers and use the below small guide

If everything works OK with your ok graphics card then uninstall the NVidia driver again as in the guide above *BUT leaving out the text in bold this time*, shutdown your PC and unplug the graphics card, and install the newer one you have, make sure you plug in any of the 6pin 12V power connectors it needs, yours reading the specs needs 1 of them.

Then reboot your PC and download install the latest Nvidia driver for that model, reboot and see how you go.

The bent CPU pin, is a possible but we can try other things first.

4. Heavenly

Heavenly Private E-2

Tueur thank you. Ive attached the minidump files.

Yes normally im patient but i work online you see and ive lost a lot of work now because of this mishap so.

Attached Files:

5. Heavenly

Heavenly Private E-2

Thank you for this. i will try this after Tueur is finished with his/her analysis.

one thing at a time.

This may sound lazy but that is a lot of effort. I have no problem doing it but one thing at a time.

The way I see it.

My GPU good an all as it may have been wasnt SLi/Crossfire compatiable so its in my own interest to get a new one.

As for the CPU ,...well. Id rather hope its not that. If it is, what of it. Hoping it isnt though ha.

6. Tueur

Tueur Sergeant Major

Hi Heavenly,

Sorry for the delayed response... Christmas and all, things have been a bit hectic.

I have looked through a couple of the memory dumps and they appear inconclusive. Of the three I looked at one seemed to be caused by Left 4 Dead 2, one by Avast and one by an unknown process.

What OS are you running and is it 32 or 64bit?

You could try running a memory diagnostic and a hard disk diagnostic. Let me know if you need/want instructions with either of these.

Cheers

Rich

7. Heavenly

Heavenly Private E-2

Ahh your totally fine dude. Christmas n the rest is crazy for everyone.

Im running Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit.

Hm ya it always crashes when I load LFD2, it crashed a lot when I used my 650 GTX. As for avast, thats odd. avast is quite stable and always has been.

Its cool I know how to them, il give it a shot and get back to you.

Thanks for everything so far.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds