Hardware Wizard error message

Discussion in 'Software' started by jamesfg, Feb 2, 2010.

1. jamesfg

jamesfg Private E-2

Hi,

After installing a Logitech cordless mouse and keyboard (Wave), I started getting two error messages, one pertaining to the keyboard and one pertaining to the mouse. Below is the message:

"Cannot install this Hardware. There was a problem installing this hardware: HID Non-User input Data Filter (KB 911895). An error occurred during the installation of the device. Fatal error during installation."

I removed the Logitech software, the mouse, and the keyboard. I still got the error message with the keyboard that came with the computer and a microsoft mouse. How do I determine what hardware is being referred to? Is this a software problem or a hardware problem?

Thank you.

2. GCWesq

GCWesq MajorGeek

I see you have XP Pro and things are still working.
    Go to your device manager (on XP it's at Start>Control Panel?System>Hardware (tab)>Device Manager), look down the Device list for a red cross or a yellow ! or ?. These are indicators of a problem and should show you where your problem is.

There is a possible solution about half way through this thread:
    http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/859685.htm

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

4. jamesfg

jamesfg Private E-2

GCWesq, I just wanted you to know that plodr found the solution. The problem was triggered by a Microsoft Windows' update. I followed his directions and the problem was resolved.

Thank you for responding and for your help.:)

5. GCWesq

GCWesq MajorGeek

Any time - excellent that you sorted it out.:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds