Hardware Wizard won't finish the installation

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mslisaj, Jan 20, 2011.

1. mslisaj

mslisaj Private E-2

About two weeks ago I bought an Omron Pedometer. This device will down load its information to the Omron Software and keep track of my steps. All went well and the device works perfectly with the software when I connect it via USB. The problem is that every time I turn on my computer or reboot it WITHOUT the pedometer connected to the USB in the lower right corner a flag pops up saying found new hardware and it names the pedometer. Then the flag disappears and reappears and says the same thing. Then another flag appears that says installing the pedometer. Finally the last page of the Installation Wizard comes up with the message the Installation failed. "Required section not found in the INF". So I click finish and then in the lower right corner another flag comes up that says "problem installing drivers and device may not work correctly". The thing is that it DOES work correctly! I checked in the device manager and found the device tags under Human Interface Devices. The "HID Compliant Device" says the hardware is installed correctly. Then the other tag is "USB human interface device' says it's installed correctly. Clicking through the drivers and it says "no drivers files are required or have been loaded for this device".

I have also uninstalled everything I can that deals with this and it still tries to install the hardware that is not even connected. Any ideas???

Thanks for your help,

Lisa

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds