Has anyone else's iGoogle homepage changed appearance today?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Alex30, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Alex30

Alex30 Private First Class

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone else's iGoogle home page has changed slightly in appearance today ?
    I found my Google map search was greyed out and my search bar had elongated and moved over to the left. Also the general appearance was slightly different in a difficult to define way but it looked slightly more basic. I am just wondering if my version is somehow corrupted, especially with the map being greyed out. I reset my iGoogle page and reinstalled everything and although the map displays correctly the overall appearance of the page is slightly different. This is not a problem as long as it isn't due to some corruption that will cause issues down the line.
    Regards Alex

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

3. Alex30

Hi foogoo,
    Interesting link but it doesn't specifically mention iGoogle so I am not sure if this is the answer. It will be useful to know if any other iGoogle users have noticed any change.
    Regards Alex.

4. sgrman05

sgrman05 Private E-2

Well, I googled why my iGoogle page changed today and came across this forum about it...so, to answer: Yes, my iGoogle page has changed as well -- very similar symptoms of what you're experiencing....so, yes, I'm interested in what the cause is as well.
    Everything seems to be working fine (I did NOT have maps on mine though), it's just shifted and the font seems to be a little different -- just overall 'different'...

5. Alex30

Hi sgrman05,
    Thanks for the info. Now that I have reinstalled my map everything works OK and the different appearance isn't an issue. From your post I would guess that you also are having a little difficulty knowing exactly how it has changed but you can tell it has. It's like walking into a familiar room that has undergone some subtle change, you can sense it but not identify it. To me it now looks more like a Windows basic theme rather than an aero theme if that makes sense.
    Anyway it is comforting to know that it is not just something that is unique to my system because then I start to think malware. I will wait to see if anyone else has the same thing.
    Thanks for the post.
    Alex

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds