Has Anyone Ever Used Auslogics Disk Defrag "Optimize & Defrag" Settings?

Discussion in 'Software' started by superstar, Dec 13, 2011.

1. superstar

superstar Major-Superstar

[​IMG]

Source: http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/disk-defrag/#faq

These settings are supposed to speed up your OS. I can't seem to find any reliable in depth information as to how to use it. I'd like to try it out and see if it does increase my system performance. But I'm afraid to do so as I have two drives installed, and each is partitioned into two separate halves [Total of 2 physical hard drives, with 4 partitions]. I don't know if this type of defragmentation method only applies to my "C:" partition [OS]. Or if it also applies to every other partition. My guess is it's only for my OS partition... Though still if anyone has ever used this feature, knows how to, or has input on the results please post back. I'm confused as to if "Defrag & Optimize," and "Smart System Files Placement" are two separate actions. I'd like to use the entire/all features of the defrag settings mentioned together to get the best results possible.

Let me know!

TY

:major

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  2. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

I use Auslogics Defrag,,All the default settings is really all you need. Select a drive , click the drop-down box and chose,,each title says it all. I always use "Defrag & Optimize",,unless I'm busy , then I use "Quick Defrag". No explaination really needed, Superstar ,,,,just chose and go with it,really!!!!

3. superstar

superstar Major-Superstar

Yes but if you choose "Defrag & Optimize" it still won't do "Smart System Files Placement" from my understanding as that's in a separate setting option. What I really need to know is the optimal way to go about all of this. Specifically with the fact that my drives are partitioned, including my OS drive. I hit the "Thanks" regardless...

4. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

According to Auslogics ,,you can set the Smart System File Placement ,,by going to "Settings" then the "Program Settings" and go to "Algorithms. That is where the setting is!!!! Good luck,,and you are very welcome!!!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds