Has something reset my User account?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Twisthem488, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Twisthem488

Twisthem488 Private E-2

Last night when I went to bed everything with my machine was normal. I just got back from school and turned on my computer and logged into my account. It seems as though everything has been reset. Instead othe noir xp theme, I'm running the default xp theme. My background has also reverted to the default. When I opened up firefox it acted like it has never been opened before, asking me if I want to import my bookmarks from IE. All my music, my videos, hundereds of media files are now gone. Its like my account has been competely reset, retaining nothing but the programs I have installed. And even those act like they have never been used (reset to default, no skins or themes) I have no idea what could have caused this.

I'm Running a legal version of XP on a machine I made. Its run perfectly for a year or two now. If anyone has any suggestions please express them no matter how unrelated you might think it is. I really dont care about all my presets, but the fact that so much music and hundered of videos are just gone is whats getting to me. I'm trying to remain calm, but that was years upon years of gethering media that just not there right now.

EDIT: I was overreacting when i made this post. Afterwards I did a search on my HD for specific media files and found them. I couldnt access them in the normal heirarchy though. After I shut off my computer and tried it again everything is back to normal, but I would still like to know why this happened.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds