Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1800 PCI Express X1 board only receiving two cable tv channels

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rotold, Oct 15, 2007.

1. rotold

rotold Private E-2

I have an analog cable tv connection and my new card only picks up two channels. The connection works fine for all stations on any tv in the house.

Anyone have any suggestions for why on two channels are picked up by the card???

Thanks,

2. clwoodwork

clwoodwork Private E-2

Re: Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1800 PCI Express X1 board only receiving two cable tv channel

You might have already done this but you need to run the scan channels for the card to know what is available.

CCL

3. rotold

rotold Private E-2

Re: Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1800 PCI Express X1 board only receiving two cable tv channel

Hi all,

I spent hours on the phone with Microsoft tech support investigating any possible involvement that their software may have. After taking that as far as we could (with no results), they, Microsoft contacted Hauppauge support and set up a three way while I was on the phone.

Hauppauge, who had earlier maintained that the problem was on Microsoft's end, allowed as how they would do some further checking. After all the card was suppose to be Vista ready and certified.

I got an email 2 days later from Hauppauge support with a software patch that fixed the problem.

Imagine that. I could not have done that without Microsoft's invovlement.

4. John_Reaume

John_Reaume Private E-2

rotold,

I'm having the same problem as you did as was wondering if you can place a link for all of us?

I just spent the last 6 hours trying different steps with no luck
    Thanks
    John R.

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

6. rotold

rotold Private E-2

John Reaume,
    I was emailed a patch file directly from support at Hauppauge after our lengthy telephone conference call between Microsoft, Hauppauge and myself. There is no link that I am aware of. The file is 1.38Mb so the forum will not allow me to attach. I would be happy to email if you are interested in trying.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds