Have you got a small ball?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bigbazza, Oct 15, 2005.

1. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

in your mouse?
    I recently purchased a Labtec Wheel Mouse. m/n (model number?) M-SBG91A and the mouse ball appears to me to be too small in circumference. The mouse rests more on the 4 mouse pads than the ball. It is hard to "wheelspin" the mouse for fastest results. Anyone else with a similar problem. Don't think I could trim a bit of the 4 pads without stuffing it up altogether. I also have a MS Wheel Mouse Optical USB and PS/2 compatible.
    What a clunker combo that is. I much prefer a mouse with balls. :D Bazza

Damn, I thought I posted this in Hardware.:confused: :eek: :p
    Mods, please shift it, if you want to. Baz

Last edited: Oct 15, 2005
  2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

TBH.... though it a good lounge topic and would have gotten a few funny answers no doubt BUT as you requested its moved ;)

3. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

My mouse has a "big" ball, and all the rats with infereriority complexes run and hide when they see it! :p

4. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

Simple ... get one with no balls :D...get an optical mouse ;).........

5. bigbazza

If you read the first post, you will see I have an Optical mouse.
    They suck, IMHO.
    Too much mouse movement required, when compared to a mouse with balls.:D

You can "wheelspin" a mouse with a ball. Try doing that with a ball less mouse.
    You get nowhere. Bazza
    ===

6. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

You don't have to "wheelspin" an optical mouse though because you aren't limited by a mouse pad, or you could just adjust the movement in mouse properties.

Each to their own, but once you've used a good optical mouse, there is no going back.

Castrate all mice I say, down with balls!

7. zepper

zepper Corporal

Most mouses these days come with a driver that has speed and acceleration settings - you shouldn't have to do wheelspins any more. If you don't bother to install the mouse driver and just use the Win default, then you may not have some of those adjustments.
    . I've got my Logitech trackball set up so that I don't have to pick up my finger to get from side to side on the screen or top to bottom (starting from a center position).

.bh.

8. bigbazza

Thanks guys. Looks like I've gotta find my M$ CD that came with the mouse and start all over again. I'm probably being unfair to optical mice, mouses, meece. Bazza

9. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

You'd better hope The Mouse Protection Society doesn't read this thread! :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds