Have you updated your programs lately with the latest updates.

Discussion in 'Software' started by bigbazza, Nov 22, 2006.

1. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

I've had problems (false positives?, funny (odd) messages? etc.) with 3 of my most used programs lately.

Spybot S & D, Pest Patrol and Advanced Windows Care have all been giving me troubles.

I've downloaded the latest updates from www.majorgeeks.com front page over the last few days, and all the conflicts have vanished.

SpyBot Search & Destroy. www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=2471

Pest Patrol www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=1187

Advanced Windows Care www.majorgeeks.com/Advanced_WindowsCare_v2_Personal_d4991.html

The moral of this, keep your updates up-to-date :D

Bazza

2. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Can't say I've had any problems mate, :) but thanks for the warning.

What were the odd messages by the way? :confused:

3. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

The moral of this, keep your updates up-to-date

Not always true still using xp pro SP1a working like a charm even with game that say XP2 to play yea right.... LOL!!!

And i can go on and on about old software and working realy great the only thing i keep up to date is my A.V. the somethime it take years before i change
    program hey i upgrade to XP only 2 years ago before i was on WIN 98SE.....

I think the moral of this is what work best for you...... :) ;)

4. bigbazza

Mainly what I considered to be false positives, or reporting on stuff that I had deliberately de-activated, for various reasons, that these programs insisted on wanting to " fix " these for me.

As I mentioned, updates in the last few days, have "finally taken into consideration" my wishes as to how I want to run my PC, and the "errors" have vanished.

Don't know how or why, don't care, but the updates certainly helped me. Bazza

===

5. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Yep. Don't you just hate those programs that think they know best. :mad:

6. bigbazza

A few of the most recent updates, out today.
    Removeit_pro
    Spybot S & D
    CCleaner (both versions) and
    KeyfinderThingLite

These, and lots of others, available from www.majorgeeks.com (front page) right now. Bazza

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds