Haven't Used My Printed In 3 Months! Is there Anything I Need To Do Before Using It?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by superstar, Mar 10, 2010.

1. superstar

superstar Major-Superstar

I have a Canon Pixma IP4500, and it ran out of ink in November 09. Well to be honest it was just one cartridge that ran out of ink, but the others were extremely low as well. I didn't have the time to buy a new cartridge than because I went on vacation for over a month's time. I came back from vacation and still didn't buy a replacement cartridge because I've been busy up until now. Not only that but I'm planning on buying a "Continuous Ink Supply System" for the printer soon.

My questions are:

1) Do I need to do anything to maintain the printer while it's out of use? Because frankly speaking it's just sitting there, and I'd hate for it to be clogged when I finally try to use it or worse. I'm still not going to be using it for a while so if you have any storage advice let me know!

2) Are there any special procedures I should run when I do finally get a "Continuous Ink Supply System" since the printer hasn't been used in so long?

Thanks!

2. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

Re: Haven't Used My Printed In 3 Months! Is there Anything I Need To Do Before Using

No, it should be fine, the only thing i can think of is removing the current cartridges so that they dont "dribble" into the internal workings which could, maybe in theory damage something, very unlikely but just an idea.

I have left printers for literaly years before now! And they seem to function smoothly.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds