Having a problem down loading 3DMark03

Discussion in 'Software' started by Micahn, Aug 28, 2004.

1. Micahn

Micahn Private E-2

Howdy All
    Now this is sort of a weird one so I am hoping someone here knows what my problem is.
    Ok I used to have 3DMark03 and had to do a reformat (Dont ask lol) and now I am having a problem d/l it again. I have tried a few different places and even with 3 different browsers.
    I have turned off both of my firewalls (Software and hardware and it still does not work. I know it has nothing to do with the size of it as I d/l games larger then that all the time without a problem. I even done one a while back that was over 1G without a problem at all.
    I am on a fast cable connection (3mbs down/259K up) and never have a problem with anything besides this one file.

So it must be something on my main computer that is doing it. Here is what it does, It starts normal like any other d/l and runs fine until it gets to about 11.5mb then it just stops and sits there. I have let it sit for as long as 1 hour and it did not move any at all.

The reason I am posting this here is because I have tried some other places over the last 2 months or so and never got one reply to it. I have tried Furturemark as well as a couple of hardware type sites. and No one has helped me at all with the problem. I guess I did not tell the whole truth above as I did get one reply at the one place. It was from someone saying they had no idea what the problem was.

So I am hoping that someone here can figure this out for me. Any ideas anyone ?

Oh and here is another thing funny about it that I just tried. I got one of the kids laptops and tried d/l it onto that and it done the same thing as my main computer. Now it really has me scratching my head.

Why would every other file and game that I d/l work fine and most of them larger then this one and this one give me such a hard time ?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

ok ... have you tried Majorgeeks for the download?

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download1712.html

alternatively.. I know you are on highspeed broadband but using a download manager is still advisable for large downloads as sometime the server resets or you just loose connection..... Leechget is pretty good http://www.majorgeeks.com/download1821.html

by using a download manager if the connection is lost for some reason you can generally resume the download from the last recorded point thus not loosing all of the file.

3. Micahn

Micahn Private E-2

Yes I have tried d/l from there as I get a lot of my programs from there.

And no matter where I d/l it from or how it always does the same thing.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds