Having a problem installing Firefox.

Discussion in 'Software' started by clemmo, Dec 6, 2004.

1. clemmo

clemmo Private E-2

I'm working with Windows XP and I went to the Firefox link and downloaded it. When I click the Firefox icon on my desktop I'm taken to a Firefox homepage. It's a completely blank page however and I can not access anything on the internet from it. What gives? Did I do something wrong? I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer so I may have not done something or did something I shouldn't have. If you know what I mean. Is there anything I can do to get back to functioning normally without IE?
    Thanks.

2. needasmoke

needasmoke Private E-2

check any firewalls,Firefox exe. needs access

3. Turcoloco

Turcoloco MajorGeek

more on what SMOKE wrote, are you in a work environment, behind a proxy perhaps? Do you need to login through a Proxy server? If so, then in Firefox check the Connections Settings which you can access from Firefox's top menu: TOOLS > OPTIONS > (on the 'General' section at the bottom you will see the button).

Also you mentioned being able to get back to using IE, what was the problem with IE?

4. Ryuduo

Ryuduo Private First Class

Hey dude, yeah you might want to check ur fire wall.

But i recommend u get firefox to work because IE is ******...
    ALSO glad to kno that someone else uses firefox .. ^_~

5. clemmo

clemmo Private E-2

guys, i think you're right. i didn't turn off my firewall. is there anything else i should remember to do? thanks!

6. fastacker

fastacker Private E-2

Don't turn off your firewall, just give firefox permission to access the internet. Actually, your firewall should give you a message prompting you to do this when Firefox tries to access the internet the first time. If that doesn't work I would just install the firefox again and be careful to do everything right. It should also ask you if you want to migrate internet settings from explorer to firefox.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds