Having Problems With Computer After Removal Of Video Card.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Marc9118, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Marc9118

Marc9118 Private E-2

Here's my problem.

My ATI card is bad.

I have sent it back in for repair to ATI.

I tried the video card one last time, and then took it out. I completely uninstalled all of the ATI Drivers. ( Even with driver cleaner )

Well here's the problem...

My computer now restarts, when ever it feels like it, or just completely freezes. When I restart my computer i get the message " This system has recovered from a serious error" And the microsoft page comes up saying that a device driver caused the problem, but they do not know precisely what driver. Is there anything that I can do? I did have the same problem before, but then i reformatted my computer it was solved, but now that i put the card back in and took it out it's doing it again. Oh, and I did install my integrated graphics card.

2. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

What is the operating system?

3. Marc9118

Marc9118 Private E-2

Windows XP

4. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

So now you have your card back remove all traces of your integrated video drivers,also have a look in the controlpanel/admin tools/event viewer for any video related or driver errors,to find the last event that may have caused the crash because there may be lots of others,find the microsoft windows turn on event on mine it is event 6009 xp pro sp 2,find the one before it,this is the last thing that happened if its red warning it most likely will point us to the problem :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds