Having Trouble With IE6 Upgrade On Win 2000 Pro

Discussion in 'Software' started by TWB, Sep 3, 2004.

1. TWB

TWB Private E-2

I am working on a Win 2000 Pro machine. It's an Intel Pentium Pro/Pentium II machine with a CPU clock rate of 797MHz....10gig hard drive, 318.30Mb of RAM. Here's the problem:

If I try to update my version on IE 5.5 to IE6, it doesn't seem to quite get there. When you do an About IE from the task bar, the logo comes up saying Internet Explorer 5.5, but the version number below it says: 6.0.2800.1106. Whenever I try to access a site that requires IE6 or higher it tells me I can't access it because I need to upgrade my IE. When I go to the Windows Update site and try to update it tells me I already have all the latest components installed. I can't remove it totally and try a clean install because it doesn't show up in my Add/Remove Programs list. I tried to uninstall it from the Program folder, but the .exe would not run. I'm getting to the point where I'm ready to turn it into a boat anchor!! Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might finally get around this? Thanks!!

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

3. TWB

TWB Private E-2

tried it...no go...same old same old...

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds