HD - TV Hookup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Marlene3369, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Marlene3369

Marlene3369 Private First Class

Hi,
    I hope I'm putting this post in the right place,I need a little help with HD-TV Cables. They have this HDTV Hook-up Kit on sale for $69.99 and it's made by WireLogic I want to know if I should by it. I'm getting a new HDTV next week,below are the specs. of the Hook up Kit. I really do not want to spend a ton of money on cables.
    Marlene,
    Hugssss

HDTV Hook-Up Kit
    Silver Advantage Series
    8 High Performance Cables + 1 Adapter

Made by WireLogic

2 X HDMI Cables ( 2 pcs )
    HDMI / DVI Adapter
    Digital Audio Coax Cable
    Digital Audio Opitcal Cable
    Analog Audio Cables ( 1 pair )
    2 X Componetn Video Cables ( 2 sets )
    VCR Combination Cables ( 1 set )

Solid Conductors
    Silver-Plated Copper
    Nigrogen-Injected Insulation
    Select-Grade OFHC Copper
    All Cables ( 6' 7" )

2. Norby

Norby Private First Class

Hi Marlene,I don't know much about the HD cables but my brother in law bought that same kit and he said it's very good. I hope this helped a little,your a pretty lady :)

3. jquib

jquib Private E-2

Hello Marlene,
    Your package looks to be a decent deal but you haven't said exactly what components you are trying to connect. Are you just attaching a DVD player and cable box to the HDTV? What kind on inputs/outputs do you have on each device?
    These are digital cables so there is no need to spend tons of money on "snake-oil" improvements.
    If we were talking about analog interconnects then you can start to spend some money and see improvement in picture and sound quality.
    The only area i can think of within the digital realm where it pays to buy the more expensive cable is in the case of a very long HDMI run, the kind that you would have between a front projector and an equipment closet in a large home theater. In that case you would be concerned about the length of the cable run causing problems with the signal, so you might have an argument for spending 300 or so dollars on a cable. From what I can tell this does not describe your situation so it looks like you will be fine.

Good Luck

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds