HDD fried, data recovery companies?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by scoobysnacks, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scoobysnacks

scoobysnacks Private E-2

OK, a good one for you. Does anyone know of a reliable data recovery company in the uk? My G/F's laptop has just fritzed it's hard drive. The computer repair shop can't get at any of the data by software means so I reckon it'll be a hardware job. So I'm looking for recommendations as to who might be able to do it.

Cheers

Scoobs

n.b. this needs to be UK based, with a fairly quick turnaround time as she needs some of the data to complete her uni thesis. Yes, I know she should have backed it up, but she didn't, no point crying over spilt milk.

2. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

You're going to be looking at paying a lot of money.

A quick Google - http://www.dataclinic.co.uk Using Google is your best bet, try and get some reviews of these companies from other useres etc.

3. Jamiko

Jamiko Sergeant

http://www.ontrackdatarecovery.co.uk/

I can personally recommend them, but yes it is not cheap. They can provide you a list of what they can recover from the failed drive and how much it will cost. Pretty slick.

4. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

That's the company I had experience with before but forgot the name. Definitely recommended, very friendly service when I dealt with them.

5. scoobysnacks

scoobysnacks Private E-2

Cheers guys, that's about what I was thinking. I found a place just near where she lives, told her to use the "poor student" line on them. They're linked to the local uni anyway so maybe they'll help her out, otherwise I'm not getting any christmas pressies.

Thanks

Scoobs

6. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Good call on the student stuff - I used it on Apple for getting my Mac ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds