HDMI getting wireless interference?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bahmtf, Sep 7, 2010.

1. bahmtf

bahmtf Private E-2

Lately ive noticed that my video has gotten jumpy (freezes for a split second) and my audio makes some gross noises when this happens. I have it hooked up with HDMI. after some tinkering i found that this doesnt not happen when i disconnect from my wireless network. has anyone else heard of this issue and know any fixes? thanks a bunch!

im connected using wireless N, 2.4Ghz, wpa2-personal. not sure if that helps, oh and im running windows 7 ultimate x64

2. bahmtf

bahmtf Private E-2

OK so I played with the router settings for a bit and found that if i set the channel width to 20Mhz it doesnt mess up my HDMI signal but if I set it to 40Mhz it does. Does anyone know what would cause this issue?

3. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

I'd check that all connections, inside and outside the PC were tight.

4. bahmtf

bahmtf Private E-2

I reseated all the components involved and cables... no success :(

for now I'll just have to use 20Mhz channel instead of the 40 :(

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds