Headset + speakers or headphones?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rathey, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Rathey

Rathey Private E-2

Okay, so I was stupid and set my headset where my dog could ruin it... He only chewed off the speaker parts though, the microphone still seems to work. I was wondering if there was possibly any way I could use another set of headphones or even my speakers while still being able to use my microphone from the half broken headset.

The headset is a usb logitech one, and my speakers and headphones use the green jack in the back of the computer. Thanks for the help~

2. Jamiko

Jamiko Sergeant

Assuming Windows XP, if you go into the control panel and choose Sounds and Audio Devices, you can choose what you want to use for microphone and speakers.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds