Heartbleed

Discussion in 'Software' started by mark59, Apr 11, 2014.

1. mark59

mark59 MajorGeek

How worried should we be about this Heartbleed Bug? I know with internet access to my bank account, they provided all the log in details. With them it wouldn't just be a simple case of changing my password.

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Very worried, but it requires action on the company's part before you change your password.

3. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Also, did you see the article update?

Update April 11, 12:08PM EST: Updated to acknowledge that private keys had been revealed by Apache servers on first request.

6. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

So does this mean that there is nothing at all you can do about unpatched sites that have already been attacked? And how do you definitively establish whether a site is either not vulnerable or has already been patched? I used an internet test which cleared some of the sites I use but gave an indeterminate result for others. LLoyds Bank for example, one of the UK big four, is silent on the matter, while at the other extreme the Coventry Building Society is emailing reassurance to its members. But most banks are silent on the matter. Very worrying.

7. oma

oma MajorGeek

8. sexyandy81

sexyandy81 MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds