Heeeeelp!! Laptop Screen Blank After Wireless Install

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rocktot, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Rocktot

Rocktot Private First Class

Installed a wireless card in Win XP/ USB Linux Mint, neither of which is probably the issue.

What happens is the screen goes blank after 5 minutes, 1 minute, now 20 seconds in either XP or Mint.

I installed a wireless card a few days ago and it was working ok, but maybe the screen was a pinkish hue for a few minutes if I closed the top and shut it down. This took a couple days to get this bad, but now the screen goes blank, (it will still play music) in both XP and Mint.

Music would turn off/on if I hit the space key in XP. Not sure if that is normal.

I only disconnected the keyboard and fingerpad to get to the wireless.

I will uninstall the new card and put the old one back, but in, thats all I can think of.

What the hay happened? What is going on?

Ive also looked at power settings, nothing helped. Seems like that might be the issue related though. :(

2. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

Make and model of PC and wireless card? Had a friends laptop years ago that wouldn't boot Windows any longer. Booting it with a Linux Live CD put me on the right track. Physically removed the internal wireless card and the problem was solved. After that used wireless via USB connection, dongle.

3. Rocktot

Ok, have it on just battery power goes off after 7 minutes, but back on with space bar hit. Could be in the power settings. So, what the hay??? This makes no sense.

4. Rocktot

Lenovo T60, not sure of wireless card # its in the computer. Thing turns on, screen goes black after x seconds or was. Seems to be working on Battery Power. What The Hay?????

5. Rocktot

Could I get a wireless usb for a model this old?

6. Rocktot

Put in power cord, went blank, beeping noise.

7. Rocktot

Switched out batteries, goes blank with power cord, ok with batteries. Does not make sense. Ugh.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds