Hello Everyone, And I Got A Question

Discussion in 'Software' started by weplaster, May 5, 2016.

1. weplaster

weplaster Private E-2

I'm trying to unlock a pdf encrypted file, and I have the user name and password, but I've opened everything imaginable on the document and can't find a place to put the name and password in to unlock it, I don't have a paid version of Adobe, is this the problem ? I've looked everywhere on Google and no help there,

thanks and great site, been using it for several years for downloads just never posted before.

DJ

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

So when you go to open it, you don't get a popup saying it's protected and you need to enter a password?

weplaster likes this.
  3. weplaster

weplaster Private E-2

No, nothing, I can save it to my computer but can only print files, I can't load the digital images to my computer take off program for estimating,

4. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Whoever created it has encrypted it. That's where you need to direct a question, to the PDF creator.

5. weplaster

weplaster Private E-2

I did that's when they gave me the password and user name, I thought maybe it was because I don't have a paid version of adobe

6. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Have you opened up Adobe Reader then, in the top right, used those details to log in?
    If that doesn't work then you'll have to get back to the creator and ask them to provide an unencrypted copy.

7. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

You need the program that was used to encrypt the file.

8. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Agree with TimW. If you are not seeing a popup as soon as the file opens, it's more likely they encrypted it with other software. I would ask them.

You shouldn't need it to open it, just to create a protected file....which may be why the person you got it from used another software to do it.

Either way, as mentioned about by Tim and Max Turner, you should go back to the person who sent it to you.

9. weplaster

weplaster Private E-2

its a freaking Federal Military file for a job I'm bidding, that would be like pulling teeth to get them to help, guess I'll run prints off and scan them back in.

thanks everyone for trying to help

10. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Why don't you just email them and tell them you can't open it.

11. weplaster

weplaster Private E-2

I can open it, and view and print, just can't transfer digital files and upload them to a computer program I use to estimate. I've sent them an email, I just thought there was something I was missing

12. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds