Hello, System freezes whenever doing scans.At sirenacm.dll

Discussion in 'Software' started by PoignantStory, Jan 23, 2011.

1. PoignantStory

PoignantStory Private E-2

Hello people,
    I spent quite awhile at the malware removal forum and thanks to the wonderful chaslang and kestrel13 i got many things solved.
    However right now my com keep going into the blue screen of death....and having errors here and there. And a weird thing is that all my virus scans and malware scans even combofix seem to freeze and go into the blue screen of death.
    I have already researched about sirenacm.dll and figured there are a number of ways to actually solve it. However i have exhausted all ways and left with the replacement one. Can someone actually look into my problem thank you so much in advance.Yup and if you need me to run any log np!!!:cry

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

What error(s) appear on the BSOD?

3. PoignantStory

Hey thank you so
    Much for your immediate reply! Sorry but how do I check.

4. plodr

There should be white type on the blue screen and it will say some words followed by one number-letter string outside ( ) and three inside. The words and the last two characters of the string outside are what we need.
    The string might look something like 0x000000## the letters or numbers where the ## symbols are is the important information.

5. PoignantStory

I don't really understand what you mean but here is what i got!

0x0000007A (0XC045B688 ,0XC0000056 ,0X14FD0860 ,0X8B6D18B3)

6. plodr

Your error is 7A. Now I can start searching to see what this means.
    0x0000007A: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
    like here: http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.php
    The only link for XP (I think that's what you are running) is this
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=913379&sd=RMVP
    which doesn't help at all.

Do you always get the 7A or is there a different error at times?

I'm also curious what size is your hard drive and how much is used?
    How much memory is in the computer?
    What size is your swap file?

7. PoignantStory

I'm on vista! There's another just today. 0X00000077

C:\ 6.34 GB Free of 43.9GB
    D:\ 276GB of 414GB!

8. plodr

Your free space on C is down to 14%. The rule of thumb is you should have 20% or more fee. That might explain the slowing down but not the BSOD you are seeing.

I want you to run chkdsk, which may repair windows files
    Here's how to do it.
    http://www.ehow.com/how_4967757_run-chkdsk-utility-vista.html

Read through the five steps under Access Chkddsk Through the Command Line
    and if you have any questions, ask before you attempt to do this.

I'd also like you to test your RAM. Problems with RAM can cause BSOD.

You need to download a testing program which will run on bootup from a CD you've burned.
    This is the program http://www.memtest.org/#downiso
    and it is the 4th item in the list Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable Binary (.zip). You will unzip it and get something with the extension .ISO Do you know how to burn an ISO?

I'd tell you to download the item that works off a USB stick but it concerns me that Vista is not listed in the versions of windows supported. I don't know why and I'd hate to have you download something that did not work in Vista.

Another, slower and much less technical way to test memory is to open the computer up and if you have two sticks of RAM, pull one of them out. Work on the computer with just 1 stick. If you get no BSOD, you can assume that stick is okay. Of course the computer will be really slow with 1/2 of the normal RAM.

9. PoignantStory

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply.I noticed that when i run cmd my starting command prompt is C:\User\(my name)> when i enter chkdsk C:\ they say drive not found?

10. plodr

I don't have Vista installed so I do not know if what you see is normal. We'll need to wait for someone running Vista to tell us if that is typical or a problem on your computer.

11. thomas_nuffan

thomas_nuffan Private First Class

In vista and in windows 7, you must run the command prompt as an administrator to run a chkdsk. otherwise it will not work

go to command prompt from the start menu and right click and select run as admin or type cmd in the finder and right click it that way.

12. PoignantStory

:cry
    I did it and i typed chkdsk it did scan. But when I did the second part where it was suppose to be /f or /r this came out? The type of the file system is NTFS.Cannot lock current drive,
    Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process.Would you like to schedul this volume to be checked the next time the system restart?

I typed Y but when i restarted my computer i got nothing =(

Hey and i also burned the ISO file but it seems like when i insert the disk nothing happens. What should i do???? =( My laptop is really lagging.....:cry

13. thomas_nuffan

thomas_nuffan Private First Class

Download this ISO file of Hiren's Boot CD 13.0 here and create a bootable CD with CD burner xp, you can download it here

upon booting to the hiren's cd you can use the command prompt utility and run a chkdsk from there if you are having issues

14. PoignantStory

I opened the cmd from the hiren boot cd however when i type chkdsk C:\ it said drive or path not found ???:cry

15. plodr

skip chkdsk if it will not run at startup.

Have you tested the memory?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds