help, acer aspire 505 built in mic screaming at me

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by izzyecho, Oct 21, 2008.

1. izzyecho

izzyecho Private E-2

Windows xp sp2 fresh install on acer aspire 5050, all ok except mic,
    latest realtek drivers installed, i have sound on dvd and cd though not very loud, but testing mic either built in or headset, it just screams back at me occasionaly sending screen blank? i have disabled pc beep as seen in anoher post and it makes no difference any help welcome

2. jlphlp

jlphlp Master Sergeant

Hi Izzy,

If the mike is actually producing the sound you are hearing then it is receiving an audio signal. Dynamic mikes are really just small speakers. If you are in an output port then maybe you are set up for Surround Sound. Check bios and audio setups and set for whatever you need. Mike should be in MIC. MAYBE!

Good Luck, Jim

3. jlphlp

jlphlp Master Sergeant

Hi again Izzy,

OOPS! I was asleep on that one. You did say it was the built in Mike. Sorry.

Jim

4. izzyecho

izzyecho Private E-2

thanks for the reply Jim, it worked out ok in the end, the windows mic test wizard was giving me the awful sound when i tried to redord voice, however when i tried a skype test call all was ok, though not as loud as i wished, so i think the wizard test was getting feedback from the pc speakers. the only other strange thing now with the laptop is the mouse pad doesnt work with the battery connected, as soon as you take out the battery the mouse pad works ! not a clue why but not a problem, thanks again for the reply, izzyecho.:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds