Help Admin

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by RBytes, May 6, 2017.

?

software uploaded

1. question

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. feedback

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RBytes

RBytes Private E-2

howdy .

how do you get your own software uploaded on here..

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and Welcome

Depends on the software and the best route is http://www.majorgeeks.com/content/page/aboutcontact_us.html but can email tim @ majorgeeks.com with a link to your software and a brief outline as to what it does. All software on majorgeeks is tested for its suitability in the catalogue of software we host so unlike some download sites not all software is listsed or approved.

But good luck.

3. RBytes

RBytes Private E-2

Thanks david.

I did a check on my executable on virus total being flag as 5 virus. Think how, i made my application in hta with notepad++, with little visual basic and command prompt routines. i used [Htaedit] to compress to .exe and i also used the Inno Setup Compiler. free versions.. So being a small time programmer and lack some knowledge. what over steps can i do to prevent being flagged... i have my file ready and my readme.doc.. I suggest that many have same issues, can i have some help in the department.

thanks...

4. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

A link to the VirusTotal report could be helpful.
    Do you have any software (as in anything) bundled with your software?

5. RBytes

RBytes Private E-2

hi eldon.

I only scanned my made loader executable. which report said virus trojan.

Yes my application is build with 158 portables. i haven't scanned the side applications. mainly because i was focused on my application building and getting that rightly done, corrected.

Definitely will come across more troublesome issue with the apps, i guess virus total gonna go crazy... i sent my application to tim. I am prepared to do what it takes to iron out any sort of issues..

Is it possible to clean a application of any virus, malware, ect - and still have it fully functional working ?
    I kinda doubt what i just said, as i don't know the answer to that.

6. RBytes

RBytes Private E-2

eldon:
    A link to the VirusTotal report could be helpful.

Now i have made my hta in 2 applications - Htaedit - HTA to EXE Converter
    Being HTA to EXE Converter invirus total flags me with more virus ect.

How is this possible ??? i'm in a tangle of virus detection that is pear shaped.

REMOVED

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2017
  7. Eldon

I think you should wait for feedback from Tim.

8. DavidGP

Hi

See if Tim replies and if not do post again and I will look into your app more, virus scanners do highlight legit apps at times just due to their unknown-ness and actual usage.

9. RBytes

RBytes Private E-2

hi david,.

Ent herd anything and it's been a week now, understand time and pressures and that.

Since then iv'e update my application a lot. I expect if you want to test my software, it's going to take you a week lol
    Because it is packed full of little gems.. At present i have only made a x32bit, but in process of a 64 bit version soon i get the head start..

Not certain if you can link software, this is testing version , del the link if need be..

REMOVED

Show you a picture of my software..

Speak System Utilities pro x32bit
    A utility application. for allsorts of pleasure.
    If you highlight over the icon it displays what it is details or the name of utility...

[​IMG]

So i await then.

10. DavidGP

Hi

Interesting application the main think that will stop anyone from downloading is thats its 594mb in size, I like the fact many apps are in one place, although for the size most apps many will not use or are included in Win 10 anyway.

Sadly I dont think knowing Tim and his way of working and apps he likes to inculude on the Majorgeeks download area, will go for this one, sorry. I will aim him to it to review but dont hold out any hopes. Not saying a bad app just one MG may not host at this point.

11. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

If we reject something on MajorGeeks, it's only because WE wouldn't use it and we don't think our readers would either. We can tell you why we didn't add it in the hopes that it helps you improve your program. Sometimes an author is appreciative, and sometimes we just have to agree to disagree. That all said, here we go....

Is there such thing as "too much of a good thing?" In this case, maybe. In the time it took to install, I wrote this reply. Deleted half of this response 3 times and wrote it again. Then I added this paragraph. And I took my dog out. Got a cup of coffee. And it's still installing :(

I found the interface too cluttered; the icons are too small to easily read. The install takes 10-15 minutes on a high end, SSD computer. There's no option to select the apps you want filling my drive with a lot of programs I'd never use. Many SSD users won't appreciate this. I'd prefer it extracted the portable apps only when you decide to use them. On the first run, I got an error (VaySoft). The second run, I got a trial message. The third run, it said it was running. Started Task Manager to kill the process and it finally ran. It's flashing on my screen and the window won't fit in VMware bringing us back to the interface issue above. It's using 99% of my CPU. Now, I have to shut down my VMWare because your app locked me up.

On the second run I got the same VaySoft error, and an error it couldn't play a sound and the app is flashing still. My system is locked up again.

I see where you're going but it's pretty buggy (Alpha) in the current state and I hope you continue to develop and improve it. Keep us posted.

I'll leave the thread up but our readers should avoid it in its current state.

DavidGP likes this.
  12. DavidGP

Tim, many thanks for answering and testing the app as well as your honest opinion, not a bad app theory but not like you said the time to install and do we really use all apps, I have fast SSDs and and i7 7700 CPU and took me a while to install also. Maybe better design would be to allow the user the choose the apps they want to have in this all-in-one package.

13. RBytes

RBytes Private E-2

I value all your words..

i am only programmer, i have facebook chillie pc solutions, small group.

if anyone like maybe help, like projects , see my source code , improve my application. buzz me..

software..
    Different strokes for diff'rent folks. Any how...

I fixed broken sounds, programs, every think i could think off.. new features, loading progress bar, java support hd size,
    think limitation in hta, scale to only 1450 x to 19 p/i
    fixed meta in hta, css styling, program updates.
    Small feature, zoom icon on top row and new tooltip.
    Application speed is way faster now... improved..
    prog updates and some new ones..

I like the idea of being able to make choice of the side appz, but i'm afraid don't know how do this ?
    I'd be willing give the source code, i am also on facebook, and i have small supporting group, if any one has free time, i'd appreciate some learning and may we can help improvise..

newer version.. x32 says trial but its not, says, i made in trial of hta.
    I

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2017
  14. RBytes

RBytes Private E-2

Tooltip and icon zoom. only top row..
    For some reason i couldn't style every over icon for style zoom.
    Couldn't figure it out the java coding..

[​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG]

15. RBytes

RBytes Private E-2

major attudied,,, yes the reason why you have had all those issue is because my application is built on windows 8.1 x32 bit only.

Im guessing you have x64 bit pc..

it breaks in windows 64 bit, i dint make x64 of yet, but kinda left that in the making and will have a 64 bit version

16. Eldon

Just my opinion...

Good idea but it's overkill. There are too many applications, too many duplicates. You need to give users a choice - having both XnView and IrfanView is pointless.
    I have Administrative Tools on the Start Menu (Windows 7) and it's easy to add more Windows tools to the folder. Along with GodMode I don't need a third way to access those utilities.
    Also, consider using the portable versions of programs (when available), that will shorten the setup time.

DavidGP likes this.
  17. RBytes

RBytes Private E-2

Ok, think away around for portables to be exclusive or not in a selection menu.

My basic was a program with tools in one place. I think you missing the beat, my application is a tool box.

So that is the theory behind it, you have all the tools to do tasks on a computer. weather or not xnview or 10 plus paint programmes.

It's a toolbox - pointless, nah''' don't think so, user choice, i think theirs plenty of choice for the user.

You image a application tailored to ur specific needs, so in fact this isn't a doubt or question of what you want or what anybody's wants.

You get whats given , and if you dont like it, so be it !

I'm not
    microsoft !

I'm a small time developer and in the developer world you can change anything. i will make changes to my application for side appz installation.

being that the issue is installing time, I see nobody wants hang around all their life for one thing.

Ok . give me sometime to figure my design time.. Ill be back.. lol

18. Eldon

I agree.
    RBytes,
    I was giving positive critism in post #18.
    This attitude will get you nowhere. ;)

19. RBytes

RBytes Private E-2

I didn't come to give you attitude eldon, the truth is.... You can not always give what ones expect, but i will try dealy to try too.

my mother use to say,, if you don't eat all your dinner and you don't like it, so be it, you will will not get any think else.
    lol.. strict those days were..

I appreciate the feed backs, negative or not.

In my current progress,,, i have been compiling installers for the side apps. plus i will make an application for the user to
    download files as single files, or as a whole package..

I am also aim to make all icons as viewable pop ups, i once did make a popup with images of all applications, but this just was not working out, was not good xyz positioning..

So back to work..

20. RBytes

RBytes Private E-2

Hi .

I have put together a new build with changes you required me to do / make.
    I hope that you will like the changes and fulfill the needs of the user.

Notes:
    1/ All icons now have zoom out. All scripted built in functions have now embedded icons for
    faster loading of the application.
    2./ No trial executable on loading.
    3./ Ui adjusting, new colour and layouts.
    4./ Lots of Code improvements. The user can select hard drive or usb, were they wish/want to install the application and its side apps also can be installed at any location. All side appz must be place into default utilities folder to function inside the application.
    5./ User has choice to install side single apps or master full appz package.
    6/ All icons that do show "Install apps, will change to of that particular side app, as the side apps are packaged with a default "icon" that will pre installed that icon to its general folder "assets.
    7/ All side appz are made as installers. If the user wishes to uninstall a side app, the default "app icon" will disappear"and the user will need/or have reinstall back the main application again, which will result in a reset of all icons back to its default state.
    8./ You can now download master apps package that contains all the appz or single appz, press the required button inside the application will take you to google drive.
    9/ Over bugs and general fixies.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  21. RBytes

RBytes Private E-2

I am in process of building the side apz and uploading to google drive.. maybe a day for all apps to show up for required download by the user....

22. RBytes

RBytes Private E-2

Forgot to mention.

If you install application or it side apzz to over hard drive/ssd/or pendrive, its default path is C:\Program files\Utilities
    If you want to change to over hard drive /ssd or pen drive, then you must make a (Program files) folder.

Example: change location of path in installers:
    D:\Program files\Utilities
    Or
    E:\Program files\Utilities
    ect.

x32bit uses a %CD:~0,2%\PROGRA~1 don't use 32 on 64 as side aps will break.
    x64 uses a %CD:~0,2%\PROGRA~2 which is why you need a (Program files) folder if you install to over hardrive.

Hope i explained the routine well anoth..

23. Major Attitude

I believe I have deleted all your links and videos. It's not good enough for MajorGeeks, or anyone, and we don't allow people to publicize their products here when we don't list them. That's what we do here. I am really sorry but you've got a long way to go. I can think of dozens of apps that do what you're trying to do better. It's slow, bloated and brings a computer to its knees and I am not going to take part in letting others find that out the heard way.

DavidGP likes this.
  24. Major Attitude

The simple fact that you avoided 64-bit really says something. 64-bit apps here out download 32-bit 3-1. With the bloat here, it's another reason it's so slow. good luck to you and if you improve it by leaps and bounds you can contact ME and I'll gladly look at it but you can't post it here.

baklogic likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds