help allocated more space to c drive

Discussion in 'Software' started by bern, Jan 14, 2004.

1. bern

bern Sergeant

i am using partition magic 7 am i tried to allocate 4 g to my c drive. but the problem is on rebooting the 4g did not appear, i went to disk managment and found it there as 4g unallocated how can i now allocate it to my c drive

i am using win xp pro

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

if it's unallocated then you should click on the c drive graphical representation and then choose resize from the menu, then drag the volume over to add the unallocated space to the c drive. WATCH your sizes in the below box. make sure the remaining size is 0.0 ..

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

does it show up as a separate partition of 4gb?

if so use PM7s merge function to merge the 4gb partition with your C:

4. bern

bern Sergeant

it does show up as 4g . it wont let me do anything with it if i selct the 4g the options are greyed out. when i select c drive and then merge i can only merger it with my d drive and not the 4g . it seems as through it shows it is there but does not recognise it

see attachment

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2004
  5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

next question is the 4g you are trying to allocate to C: coming from a different HD namely your D: drive and does it show up as 4g after the C drive in Disk Managment?

6. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

don't select the 4g drive..select your C: drive and choose resize..

7. bern

bern Sergeant

i have 1x 80g harddrive and partitioned into 3: c d e . i have taken 4g from e and tried to add to c but now it shows as c-40g, unallocated-4g,d-14g,e-18g aand this shows up in disk management and in partition magic

8. bern

bern Sergeant

i managed to resize c drive and the 4 g merges with c BUT on reboot i get error 1513 . i press any key to continue [space bar] and on reboot it is back to the same problem as above

9. bern

bern Sergeant

on selecting the resize there is a message that says: this partition crosses the 1o24 cylinder boundary and may not be bootable . what does this mean and is there afix

10. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

unless your PC is old, then I'd say blow past that error message.

11. bern

bern Sergeant

pc is not that old just been on the powerquest site and there is a patch to fix this problem of file error 1513 . but i am going to upgrade to 8 first and do some updates with it then fix my problem will keep you informed

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds