help and info needed

Discussion in 'Software' started by zoran, Jul 14, 2006.

1. zoran

zoran Private E-2

Windows XP pro Sp2

I cleaned up my computer -dust and dirt,yesterday(temperatures were too high and restarts and program filures were often)
    Than I did chkdsk(no problems)
    Cleaned up with CCleaner
    I Uninstalled a squared
    Firefox popped up with a form from Emsisoft (-why are you uninstalling....)-this happened first time with some program
    This was a trial and I used it for manual scan,so i had to update manualu,and it wasn't allowed in the Intenet zone of ZA ( I allowed it just for updates).

I closed firefox and uninstalled-restarted.

Uninstalled Spybot (error popped up-this application has changed...,I didn't use it since ),
    didn't forget about the hidden Docs. and settings folder/deleted/ ,but I forgot the folder in C/programs
    I started installation of Spybot,stumbelled into previous folder of Spybot,canceled install.,deleted the old folder,finished install,started Spybot
    and then computer restarted,chkdsk
    - Entrys from the installation (languages and one other,from the install procedure) were truncated
    and
    one from Docs.&Settings/user/Apps. data/...Ahead/Nero/Nero Home ,some .dat file

No spybot icon-no spybot....
    I uninstalled Spybot
    Did cleaning with CCleaner again /avoiding to clean fragments from chkdsk-so I can check what was that in Nero's files,that was truncated/

Then I oppened RegCleaner to see if, and what mess have I done in the registry
    and there was this

WebFldrs XP-in Add/Remove (you can't see it in the Windows Control Panel)

I have never noticed this one before

What is it ?!

I have written all these things above so you can know what I was doing,and so you can tell me if it is related to this
    WebFldrs XP
    Sorry if this is too long

2. zoran

zoran Private E-2

I'm currently using Nero Start Smart/never Nero home component/
    And Start smart is oppening ,didn't try to burn yet, anything.
    So ,What are these Nero application data folders,for?
    Sorry I don't know so much.

3. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

WebFldrs is an extension of Microsoft's IIS webserver that lets you essentially setup a secure FTP site. This isn't a bad/abnormal thing in anyway.

4. zoran

zoran Private E-2

Thanks

5. zoran

zoran Private E-2

I have trouble getting into Safe Mode
    When I get there, I only have Premier,Photoshop,some programs for music and Nod 32(on demand),
    nothing else ,
    Not even My Computer icon...
    Do you have any suggestions?

6. zoran

zoran Private E-2

And I have another two,
    I reinstalled Spybot 1.4
    very hard ,with registry fixer(from safer networking)
    and then ,when I finished installing it again
    I oppened it from a Desktop icon everything fine,closed it went ,to check my mail,and then
    I oppened Spybot from,qicklounch
    then
    I had the Error about Spybot changing itself
    when I try ,again from Desktop,no error message,this was why I uninstalled it in the first place.

Do you know anything about this?

I oppened the properties window for Taskbar and other ,
    and
    in the past items section
    there is only three or four kind of icons
    for all past items,and all wrong
    among them is spybot with nvidia icon

Why can this be?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds