help!!! blue horizontal line on my screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Alicia, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Alicia

Alicia Private E-2

hey i dunno if this is the right forum to post this but its a problm with a hardware so anyways there's this annoying blue horizontal line running down the screen of my laptop. i tried restarting and still it won't move can anyone tell me what's that about and how to get rid of it, its so annoying. :(

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

If the line comes and goes you will have to be specific as to when it comes and goes,if it there all the time from when you turn it on to when you switch it off,its a line of dead pixels and there is no fix you will have to buy a new screen for your laptop,could you post more info about your computer. :)

3. Alicia

Alicia Private E-2

well yes it is there from the time i turn on the computer and turn it off it does not move. well it's really a vertical line my mistake that run down the screen but its not large in terms of width about 2incs. in terms of my computer the operating system is microsoft oh btw about a coupleof weeks ago i had to remove a trojan and that about blank webpage i dunno if that cd be something. should i try restoring the laptop to an earlier to see if it will move? thanking u in advance alicia.

4. Rikky

When you turn on your laptop in the first 5 secs of pressing the power on,when the screen is black and there's white writing on the screen is the line visible?or is it only visible when windows has loaded? :)

5. Alicia

Alicia Private E-2

yea it was showing from the time i press power to the time i turn it off even when the scree was blacks and windows xp came on it was there.

6. Rikky

It looks I'm afraid that your screen is dead,you can carry on using it and put it out of your mind,but the only way to fix it is to buy a new screen,it's quite a fiddley job to do yourself and you will have to track down the right screen for your laptop,so I would advise you take it to be repaired at a shop or check if it's still under warranty. :(

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds