Help! Blue Screen on start up!

Discussion in 'Software' started by DanTransformer, Sep 14, 2005.

1. DanTransformer

DanTransformer Private E-2

Every time i boot up my Laptop, i get a blue screen, with the following code...
    *** STOP: 0x000000c5 (0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x8053E059)
    What does this mean? can it be fixed? and why did it happen?
    Please help im screwed without my laptop.
    Thnx.
    DT

2. DanTransformer

If it helps, ive tried pulling the HDD out and hooking it up as a slave to a desktop, it works fine then, and i scanned it for virus's with no luck.
    Please help im going mad trying to sort it
    DT

3. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

Is that the entire message? BSOD errors are very hard to diagnose as there are many different things that can cause the error.

You could have a bad stick of memory or the NTFS could corrupt.

Run MEMTEST86+ and test your system RAM.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2005
  4. DanTransformer

The blue screen happens when i try to boot up so i dont get as far as being able to run any programs.
    The rest of the blue screen says something about checking any new hardware or drivers, but i havent installed anything new for a while.

5. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Memtest86 boots from a floppy or CD and doesn't need an OS to work. BTW, there is a line on top of the blue screen that might say something like IRQL_NOT_ LESS_OR_EQUAL and you can google the 0x error code to get an idea from those two pieces of info.

6. DanTransformer

Oh, i see, ok,
    So how do i get it to run?

7. DanTransformer

memtest i mean, do i just put the floppy in and switch on?

8. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

The download I linked to is an ZIP of an ISO CD Image. Use a program like Nero to create a bootable CD from the ISO image. If you burn the file straight to the CD it won't work.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds