Help! BOOTMGR Missing Vista Main system will not boot!

Discussion in 'Software' started by MellowMan, Nov 3, 2007.

1. MellowMan

MellowMan First Sergeant

intalled norton utilities when I intalled norton internet securtiy 2008 and ran disk repair option, and some how my bootmgr got erased or is missing on my main computers vista installation, and I don't know what to do.
    I tryed the repair option and the system restore funtion to no avail, I am sure that one of you guys/girls knows what to do. I would have to hate to have to do a full install since i have almost a 500 gig drive full of stuff.

please help, and save me a lot of time.

thanks for any help

cal.

2. MellowMan

MellowMan First Sergeant

found solution via google but didn't work doing reintall now, thanks

cal.

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

You didn't even give us an actual eror emssage to work with :(

4. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Hmm, sorry to see you resort to a format. For the future, partition your drive first, say 50GB for Vista and the rest for your 'stuff'. I've never lost a byte through numerous XP/Vista installs doing things this way. Too bad.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds