Help Can't Access Facebook After Script Blocker Install

Discussion in 'Software' started by 20Valve, Aug 11, 2011.

1. 20Valve

20Valve Sergeant

Greetings Geeks -

In my zest to protect myself, I installed a script that blocks facebook access. I thought it merely stopped tracking by the site while I was browsing, however, it seems to have totally blocked access.

I am using Firefox 5.0 and I ran the script downloaded from here:

http://webgraph.com/resources/facebookblocker/

I would like to have access to facebook again, how can I fix things?

Thanks for any advice or help.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Have you removed the blocker now? if not do so and try to see if you can access FB again.

3. 20Valve

20Valve Sergeant

I would, but I have no idea how to remove a script! I think I was a bit vague in my question. I did check the plugins and addons in Firefox, but I could not find any trace of it there.

So, how to find and remove the script?

Thanks!

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Look in C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\alphanumeric name\Extensions
    hover your cursor over each and note the date modified. You might be able to figure out whuch one is it.
    NOTE: Do not delete it yet. I move something I think I might want to delete to my desktop. Fire up FF and see if it works the way you want it too. Do this for a day or two and if all seems back to normal, then it is safe to delete the extension sitting on your desktop. If, however, something seems broken, move the file from your desktop back to the extensions folder where it was.

5. 20Valve

20Valve Sergeant

It seems my document structure is different (Windows 7). My user path is as follows:

User\Appdata\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\Defualt. In that directory are three cache folders. I cannot seem to find any extensions. Maybe I am in the incorrect directory?

I don't have the structure that you mentioned. Any thoughts?

6. oma

oma MajorGeek

Do this to find your Fx profile.

In Firefox: click on Help > click on Troubleshooting Information, Profile Directory - click on Open Containing Folder.

There you will see your (opened) profile folder. ;)

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

May also get to it using this %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ from the Start Seach box, so just paste the bold text into the start search box and hit enter, then open a folder that may look named like this dl116btb.default (yours maybe different as this is mine), then open the extensions folder then look for any named as this app if they have a GUID code then the best option is to click them and look at the very bottom of the Window at the date created and see if that matches the date you installed it on (or right click Properties), if you cannot work this out I would note all the extensions you have installed and then delete all, and re-install your favs again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds