Help can't view webpage

Discussion in 'Software' started by lovemymcdreamy, Apr 29, 2011.

1. lovemymcdreamy

lovemymcdreamy Private First Class

I think I am posting in the correct place.
    I can't view the content on pages like this. What do I need to install to view the content.

http://www.econedlink.org/

I tried to print screen it would not let me paste it here.
    The top box is what I can't view. Right after the heading below. It has a red x in it.
    Thanks in advance.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi McD

Very likely you need Adobe Flash as alot of that page is Flash content and latest version is HERE this is for IE, but if you use Firefox, Chrome, Safari then their is a link to that also on that page.

3. lovemymcdreamy

I have the latest flash player and Java updates. It is really a strange think not to be able to open that. More help here please thank you

4. DavidGP

Hi

What Browser and version are you using? if you are using Firefox are you using any popup or Ad blocking addons? if so disable them.

What I would do in that case is with browser closed is to delete your temps and cookies and can use CCleaner for that, and then try again.

If not work then follow the below

5. lovemymcdreamy

It is only happening on Internet Exp not the others. Is there a fix for that?

6. DavidGP

Hi

Did you do the above I posted on clean installing Java, Flash and Shockwave?

Do you have any toolbars installed? if so uninstall them.

But in IE, first thing I would ask is what version? and then I would see if resetting IE will help, as in Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab and then Reset, close and reopen the browser.

if that doesn't work then in Tools > Internet Options > Security tab (click Trusted Sites) then Sites and add http://www.econedlink.org/ to the Zone

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds