Help! CHIPSET Problems!!! Intel 845GL

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by darkfury22, Feb 16, 2005.

1. darkfury22

darkfury22 Private E-2

Hello. My Computer is a hp pavilion a305w. It's chipset is a Intel 82845GL Ckipset aka 845GL. It has a onboard graphics controller. I recently bought the ATI Radeon 9250 PCI card. The problem is when I install, It says that I need to disable the chip's graphics component. People say it can be done through BIOS but I don't know anything about BIOS or anything. Someone Please help!!!!!

2. scorcer

scorcer ajMro keGe

okay let's see, first off your rig info is here

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/prodinfoCategory?lc=en&lang=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=362754&

your bios instructions are here

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...cc=us&product=362754&dlc=en&docname=c00007682

It seems you press F1 or F10 at the start up screen to enter the BIOS control panel
    From there, you'll be using the arrow keys for direction(mouse doesn't work in BIOS), I dont know what your bios screens are gonna look like but you'll have to look around for a screen containing "video" or "graphics" and cycle thru your choices(dont do this till you install the new card). use the <enter> key to open and choose, use the <esc> key to back out of a screen
    There will be a key guide at the bottom of the screens
    your manual says-- F10 for saving changes and exit
    If you get lost or mess up- F5 will load the BIOS defaults

Good luck, I hope this helps
    Check back to see if someone else here has something more to offer

3. darkfury22

darkfury22 Private E-2

Hmm well I have one problem I forgot to mention, When I try installing it, first of all after i connect it into the motherboard (im sure its correct), it doesnt even detect the hardware. Then I try using the installation cd, but that just says it installed and doesn't even do anything or leave any icons or blah blah that normal installsdo. I did a dxdiag and saw that the chipset was still installed/enabled. So for the BIOS I don't think I can use it because u said that I need to install the new card first... Help!

4. scorcer

scorcer ajMro keGe

Have you gone into the BIOS since installing,
    the card wont show up till you change the BIOS

5. scorcer

scorcer ajMro keGe

Don't stress buddy, this can be done, we are just gonna have to work thru it :cool:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds