Help, computer infected, unknown virus!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Onno, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Onno

Onno Private E-2

Hello.
    For last two days I am experiencing serious problems with my computer. Everything started when I was downloading something from rapidshare, and when file was downloaded, I saved it on my E partition, where I have my music and movies stored. At the beginning, everything was ok, but than after a day, I was going to watch one of the movies, when after few minutes I’ve noticed that the picture was getting strange and disordered by every next scene. My Crystal player notified me that he needs to close due to some errors. Next thing I know, I was getting the same messages from various applications such as ICQ, MSN, Winamp. I restarted my computer and than this messages was constantly showing up:

The system has recovered from a serious error…

Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close...

and in my opinion, the problematic one,

wuauclt has encountered a problem and needs to close…

After that, I deleted a movie, which is likely to cause all this, and decided to formate C: partition. I was very unpleasantly surprised when I received same notifications after formatting and reinstalling my Windows. The problem remains and now I really have no clue what to do next.

2. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to Major Geeks!

It is unlikely that this is a malware problem. As such I'm going to move this to the Software Forum.

It is unlikely to be malware immediately after a reinstall unless you are reinstalling malware from other partitions or your PC is not properly protected. If at a later time it is found that your PC has malware, this thread can always be moved back to the Malware Forum.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds