HELP!! configsafe has broken my pc

Discussion in 'Software' started by thenewmadmax, Jul 25, 2004.

1. thenewmadmax

thenewmadmax Private E-2

please help guys my grandma has way to much stuff on her pc so i used confiqsafe to clear stuff off it, i clicked to restore to factory win 98 settings but now whenever it boots explorer "ilegal operations" then doesnt do anything and sitts at a blank screen, how do i fix this before i get in troubble? thanx, max

2. Robert

Robert Sergeant

Hi There
    I think that you are going to have to 'fess up to grannie and offer to reinstall w98. This may get you out of formatting however so good luck
    Fixingw98 without reinstall

"Got problems and don't want to reinstall... Don't wanna lose any of your
    settings or software? There's a command line option that'll get you back on
    your feet in no time. Boot up your PC with a Windows 98 boot disk, pop in your
    Windows 98 CD, and once you're at the command prompt, type your CD-ROM drive
    letter immediately followed by a colon. So, if your CD was set to "D" you'd
    enter D: and then hit ENTER. At this point, type the following command: SETUP
    /pf. This switch will restore all of Windows critical files to their factory
    state, and in 99% of situations doing this will fix whatever problems you were
    having in Windows 98." - From the free Tips download at http://www.x9000.net/.

You can download bootdisks for all versions of Windows here -
    http://www.bootdisk.com/.

Cheers
    Robert

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds