help connecting '3' dongle to PS3

Discussion in 'Software' started by Winstaan, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Winstaan

Winstaan Private E-2

Hi can anyone help me please!!! I have just received 3 networks latest WIFI dongle but cant get my PS3 to connect so I can play online.
    My PS3 wont pick up the WIFI dongle wirelessly but through an Ethernet cable it does but on connection test it times out with a DNS error code.
    3 have told me I need a 'static IP address' and through IPCONFIG I'm getting what I think are my IP settings, but still wont connect.
    Im setting my Network to share the internet connection and ticking all the right boxes but aaargh nothing!
    Again I don't know how to obtain my DNS settings and if I try to automatically detect settings on my PS3 it doesn't find them. When I run a test it on my PS3 it 'succeeds' in obtaining my IP but fails from there!!

Three are useless they dont have a clue what im on bout yet they say it is possible to use this dongle to connect my PS3?!!

The dongle is a Huawei E5830-the new '3' WIFI dongle.

Can anyone please help me as I got a 14day return if im not satisfied. and im 7days in already. I know the best solution is get a landline but I dont have one as yet and hoped this dongle would work.

Anyones input on solving this would be awesome as I've tried everywhere to get the answer.
    Thanks.

2. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

What's your encryption level? The PS3 does not like using an encrypted network, try temporarily switching it to an unsecured and open network, and see if that enables it to connect.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds