Help detecting SATA drives.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mayordomo, Apr 26, 2005.

1. mayordomo

mayordomo Private E-2

This computer was working find and all of a sudden it doesn't detect my two serial ATA hard drives. i unplugged the cables and put them back and the hard drives sound ok. A have an AMD 64 3200 ghertz processor with an ASUS k8VSE motherboard. I need someone to help me cuz it doesn't detect the hard drives. I checked the bios and it does detects the DVD burner. I am not sure if the SATA drive are automatically assigned to the IDE section for auto detection. Thanks for the help. Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

It shows: Serial_Cho master: No Device
    Seiral_Ch0 master: No Device

2. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Have you checked the boot order (in BIOS) assuming your OS is on the SATA and does the SATA show in 'Device Manager', sounds like a driver problem if not showing on boot.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds