Help determining if processor has fan

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Arokota, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Arokota

Arokota Private E-2

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, Arokota, and welcome to MajorGeeks.

Every retail-boxed processor I've ever bought included a stock heatsink and fan. I'd be willing to bet that yours will too - 99.9% sure.

That being said: if you're going to 'turbo' that unlocked Black edition chip you might consider looking at some aftermarket cooling anyway, especially if/when you're willing to void the warranty by overclocking.

3. Arokota

Arokota Private E-2

Thanks a lot for the quick response man! The only reason I was worried about it is because when I bought it a window popped up informing me that I was buying a OEM/Retail CPU from Newegg. It told me their whole non-refund policy and everything when selling those. Just got me kinda worried because after doing some research I read that OEM Processors don't come with a cooling fan usually. How were you able to tell that the processor was OEM and not Retail? Thanks!

4. Digerati

Digerati Major Geek Extraordinaire

If you click on the specifications tab, it says, "Heatsink and Fan included".

5. Arokota

Arokota Private E-2

Wow...thanks I feel like an idiot ha. Thanks so much guys for the help, I really enjoy this forum.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds