Help! Disconnect open sessions

Discussion in 'Software' started by CobolExpert, Aug 18, 2005.

1. CobolExpert

CobolExpert Private E-2

I need to run a task every night on a server that deletes a local folder and then brings over a new folder from a different server. I've told my users time and time again to let me know if they are going to run debugging against the folder I am taking away. Almost three times a week I come in at the crack of dawn to see the script failed because someone was using it. I can't seem to figure out how to kick off anyone who is using that folder or files inside of it. I can list the open sessions and can even sort by who has the folders open. Anyone know how I can do this? I know I've posted this before but I couldn't find the post nor find an answer.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,
    JB

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

3. CobolExpert

CobolExpert Private E-2

Thats what I do now because I can't figure out how to script it. I can have the script put the users who are using the files but I just can't figure out how to disconnect those users without doing it manually. Seems like it should be a function but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks for the reply

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I'll keep an eye out for something. It would seem to me that if it can be done in an application that it could quite possibly be done with scripting.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds