help dont have password

Discussion in 'Software' started by old06, May 5, 2009.

1. old06

old06 Private E-2

I was given a old lap top notebook model 2200c problem is it locked with a password it has windows 2000 pro os how can I get into this thing???????

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Nice post by uggshelf. Can we say "spammer"?

To old66: if this is a Windows administrator password, you can clear/change it (clearing it is recommended) by using a custom boot CD. you can download the file from this link. There's a full how-to available at the same link. If your read the instructions CAREFULLY and THOROUGHLY and follow them EXACTLY you should have no problems. You can click the 'walkthrough' link and you'll be shown exactly what will be on-screen and exactly what you should do. When it's done you'll say to yourself "that was actually really easy". You'll need to burn the downloaded file to a CD as an image; do not burn it as a regular data file. I think they also have a floppy option if that's suited to you.... I have personally used this utility on WinXP and Vista and it works.... Good luck!

[dlb]
    :-D

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  3. old06

old06 Private E-2

thanks for the quick response I'll get it down loaded and git a shot

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:-D
    Like I said:
    Be sure to scroll all the way down, read everything carefully, all the way through, print it out if necessary.... esp. at the 'walkthrough' link...
    Good luck!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds