Help!! Excel problem with saving

Discussion in 'Software' started by amstel2, Jan 21, 2007.

1. amstel2

amstel2 Private E-2

I need help with a problem I am having with excell:

I e-mailed myself an excel template with macros from work

I save it to my desk top with no problem, but when I re-save with a different name it will not open all the way

I open the copy with the new file name and recieve the security warning anout macros. I click enable macros and or disable macros and the page is blank.

but the original page opens fine

Help please

2. jewlzs

jewlzs Corporal

You may have cleared the Trust all installed add-ins and templates check box. Depending on your macro security setting, when you open a macro, you will receive a warning, and the macro may be disabled for installed templates and add-ins (including wizards).
    Note All templates, add-ins, and macros shipped with Microsoft Office XP are digitally signed by Microsoft. Once you add Microsoft to your list of trusted sources for one of these installed files, all subsequent interaction with these files will not generate messages

NOTE: If one or more of the macros in the templ have been manually written you may have to copy them to the template add-ins in order for them to work

3. MrPewty

MrPewty MajorGeek

It's been a while since I did an excel Macro, but don't you have a choice of putting the macro in a global file, so all files will use it(I think its called personal.xls) or restricting them to the file it was written for.

It may be the latter is the case here, and you just need to save it into the global file.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds