Help finding Font!!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Rise22, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Rise22

Rise22 Private E-2

Can someone please help me?!? I had a font for the past several years, but now it says it is corrupted and I cannot, cannot, CANNOT get this font back!

I tried going to Fonts Download - where it is shown, but that site does NOT work - anywhere I can see. It is Atkins-Normal.ttf. I had Luc Devroy send me a .ttf of this font - and it would NOT open!!! He even sent the link to two other people on two other computers and it would NOT NOT NOT open - what is going on here?????

IF anyone has this font, and can possibly send it in a zip form, maybe then I can open it in WinZip.....

rise@douglasfast.net

ANY help is greatly appreciated!!!!!

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Here's the Atkins font (the normal just indicates it is not bold not italic)
    http://www.fonts101.com/fonts/view/Pixel_Fonts/263/Atkins.aspx
    Unzip it and you get the ttf file and also a text from the font101 site.

Installing TrueType fonts in Windows 7
    Right click the font file and click properties Under the General tab you will see Unblock button Click on it (Ignore this step if there is no Unblock button and continue)
    Double click font file and click Install button on the upper left corner.
    Copy and Paste or Drag and Drop font file into the Fonts folder. The Fonts folder is located in C:\Windows\Fonts

Installing TrueType fonts in Windows Vista
    Right click the font file and select Install.

Installing TrueType fonts in Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP
    Option 1: Copy and Paste or Drag and Drop font file into the Fonts folder. The Fonts folder is located in C:\Windows\Fonts or C:\WINNT\Fonts.
    Option 2: Navigate to and locate and double click the Fonts folder. Click File and Install New Font select the folder which has the font you want to install and click OK. The Fonts folder is located in C:\Windows\Fonts or C:\WINNT\Fonts.

3. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

4. Rise22

Rise22 Private E-2

5. Puppywunder58

Puppywunder58 Master Sergeant

The site states that you must log-in before downloading the font. Have you done that?

6. Puppywunder58

Puppywunder58 Master Sergeant

I'm sorry Rise22, I didn't have any luck on that site you gave either.

7. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

8. Rise22

Rise22 Private E-2

I got it!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to all who helped me regain this lost font - I have it now!!!!!

9. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Excellent!

I searched for that font but every time I found one that worked, it wasn't really the font you wanted. Good work _nullptr!

It is annoying that the fonts-download site seemed to have the correct font but appears to be a scam site or has a major coding error. I'm not sure which because the fonts have various upload dates but a close look at different aspects of the site make it seem like some type of scam.

I'm glad you got the font you needed working.

10. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

Thanks sach2 :)

The attached jpg file shows the major problem with the font available at most sites.

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds