Help getting to excite.com email

Discussion in 'Software' started by tinutuva, Mar 13, 2008.

1. tinutuva

tinutuva Private E-2

When my system crashed again I reinstalled Windows XP.

Before I installed any security programs I tried to get my email and when I clicked on the link on the excite.com homepage using firefox it redirected me to http://www1.excite.com/security/0,17167,,00.html even though I had the same settings I always used. It worked with ie and when I disabled the pop-up blocker in firefox I was able to get my email.

Then I installed AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 7.5.518.1275 and SpyBot-Search & Destroy Tools 1.5.2.20 without Teatimer along with my other programs and now it keeps sending me to that error page. I tried every setting I could think of, disabled every firefox addon, exited AVG then closed the open modules from the Windows Task Manager. It doesn't work in firefox or ie.

Is there any way to fix this?

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

First: is the time on your computer clock correct?
    If it is, then you have to check IE to see that javascript is allowed for the site you are having a problem with.

3. tinutuva

tinutuva Private E-2

I checked those and they're ok. I also installed Windows XP on the other partition without installing other programs or downloading security updates and it worked with ie. I forgot to say I'm using ie 6.0.

It still worked with ie after I installed all the security updates and it worked with firefox once I disabled the pop-up blocker until I installed other programs. Something made them incompatible.

I just uninstalled AVG because of a problem and I tried it again but it still doesn't work.

4. tinutuva

tinutuva Private E-2

Update:

I changed the privacy settings in ie from Medium to Low and it worked. So I allowed the url for the email link and now it's working in ie. I tried the same thing in firefox but it still doesn't work. [​IMG]

I can't use tabs or other good things about firefox there but at least I can read my email now.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds