[HELP] How to protect my privacy from ROUTER access

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hysoak, Mar 13, 2010.

1. hysoak

hysoak Private E-2

1.How can I prevent the other PC to connect or to share/view/access my files.

2. Is it if you don't know what the password of the other PC you can't access that PC (Guess account is disabled). Even if the both PC run an Admin account.

To sum it up, How can both PC both access the internet freely without accessing each other drives/account/files (a privacy issue).

2. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Hi hysoak and welcome to MGs.

To prevent access of files, you can right click any file and choose Security and Sharing and make sure the file has no check mark to share it and no file share name entered.
    The 2 computers can be put in different workgroups under computer name/network identification under System properties.
    Also, you can make sure the user account is password protected and guard the password. As an administrator account, you can change it (if it is known now) and keep the changed password secret.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds