Help! I dont even know where to start?

Discussion in 'Software' started by cazmart, Sep 9, 2004.

1. cazmart

cazmart Private E-2

I am now unable to access certain internet pages. Unable to access some of my signin pages. I was even unalbe to access the MajorGeek search for related topic pages. I get the following

"The page cannot be displayed
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
    If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
    If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
    click Detect Network Settings
    Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
    If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
    Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
    Internet Explorer "

I have tried everything that the computer told me to try yet nothing works. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. evilevets

evilevets Sergeant Major

Could just be that your ISP is down or doing some maintenance. I doubt there is anything wrong with you PC.

Steve

3. cazmart

cazmart Private E-2

But why can I get on some pages and not others???

4. Zyto

Zyto Private First Class

Your ISP may be having DNS issues. And the pages you can access may be cached locally.

5. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

sometimes it might be if you're on a proxy server, or you might need to temporarily change to a proxy server! i don't know who your ISP is so i can't get a list of them for you!
    also, does it go straight to this page cannot be displayed or does it take a while to load then come up with the message? if so, then you might've been hacked or you might have a P2P running like kazaa, eMule etc and uploading to other users can slow it down!

6. be0

be0 Corporal

I had that problem with bearshare
    when I have bearshare on my aim keeps dieing on me and my internet pages dont load sometimes.....
    I didnt fix it I uninstalled bearshare :)

7. the_mztr

the_mztr Private E-2

I have that same problem. Every time I try to log in to a website or purchase something online, I get "this page can not be displayed." It comes up immediatley with no loading time. What ISP do you use?

8. Wisewiz

Wisewiz Apprentice's Sorcerer

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds